now i feel successful! today i accomplished 10000 words and wrote almost 4000 in total. :) actually i'm already up to chapter 18 now (i'm planning to write around 30 chapters, one chapter each day.) but this day's work wasn't easy all the way - the first 1000 words took me like five hours, the rest came just like that. i love weekends! i hope flawless will enlighten also your weekends in addition to your own wrimos - and in case not, inform this through a comment!
tänään kuunneltua (hiukan taustamusaa lukemisellenne::))
and here's some songs i listened to today (background music!)
Chapter Five
Instead of opening into a huge hall I had been expecting, the double doors opened into a tiny chamber with glassy seats for five.
“The main chamber is on the opposite side,” Aurora had whispered, before disappearing together with Severina. “Good luck. Remember, what I have taught you.”
Anything mind-blowing or actually useful didn’t suddenly pop into my mind. I was just about to ask about why there were five seats instead of six, when the two guardians were already gone.
Rilla, Chyse and Nolan had to decide between the three of them to enter the council room. It didn’t surprise me they chose Nolan – he was obviously the most experienced with them three. Now I’d just have to watch my tongue – Ashton was sterner than I thought.
Beside him sat the blue-dressed girl I had seen already outside the chamber. It was surprising to see how boyish she looked. Her pitch-black, boy-cut hair reminded me of Spock’s. Her movements were gracious and fast, almost like a ballerina’s. Or maybe, to be more accurate, a ninja’s. She seemed to know Nolan – the two never left each other’s side.
The rest three occupied the seats around Nolan and his girl – a councelor for earth, light and darkness, at least judging from their ways of dressing. I finally understood why one seat was lacking. My job was to stand like I was doing another school presentation. For a moment I was taken back to the days in high-school together with Ashley and her bitches blowing bubblegum in the audience and throwing paper-planes with nasty “nicknames” written on them, like they couldn’t care less.
This time it was the exact opposite. These five stood still their gazes fixed, waiting eagerly for me to open my mouth.
Remember what I have taught you.
Like Aurora had told me what to do in this one situation?
For a sec nothing went through my head except a blank film. Aurora must have told it to me – she would be an irresponsible guardian for not doing so. But what? She hadn’t prepared me for this.
Not for this, an inner voice echoed me – my conscience, my logic. But for your future, yes.
…kay. Strange that my conscience almost talked to me. I was losing my forsaken mind!
I let out a dry laugh. My memory tape rewinded, as bright and real as my sight, with the exception of the little blanks every now and then. You must be approved by the representative of every council. How?
To enter my council, my subconscious specified.
They had to approve I was worthy enough to be a wind councelor. How come? Like I should start radiating some measurable outward magnetism.
It was your draw, Hilary.
Natürlich. Mein Gott, war ich dumm!
What a council member requires is wisdom, a sense of responsibility, and above all things, benevolence.
In one way or another, this was a kind of a presentation. Excluding the papers and Powerpoint-slideshows, I was on my own. This was a presentation of myself.
The five of them nodded approvingly, as I restated what had been going on through my mind. As the realization of the situation came to me I started to relax. I could do this.
But instead of me starting to convince the representatives, an older boy in mossy-green robes surprised me. He told me a riddle.
Though I felt frozen at first, I could feel the gears in my mind starting to turn. I had an innate tendency of being good in stuff like that – riddles, mathematics, logical things. It maybe had nothing to do with the element air, but it couldn’t model my whole personality itself. Also my genetics – my mamma and my father, who I never knew.
“You’re good,” the boy praised after I had solved four riddles in a row without problems. “Better than many. Way better.”
Wisdom, check! No problems with that. After another set of easy-peasy riddles, my responsibility came to the test. I really felt more responsible than I actually was – maybe because I was comparing myself to Ashley. I was absolutely sure, that in case Ashley was me and had hit her head lethally to the toilet seat, I’d take the blame. But going it through my mind I started to hesitate. Ashley had always blamed me of stuff I hadn’t done. I didn’t exactly have the clean papers in my school. Somehow I always managed to get into trouble. In case our principal found me and Ashley together from the toilets with Ashley bleeding to death, he’d accuse me of attempted murder and send me straight to prison – after all, I was past the juvenile age.
Wisdom, check! No problems with that. After another set of easy-peasy riddles, my responsibility came to the test. I really felt more responsible than I actually was – maybe because I was comparing myself to Ashley. I was absolutely sure, that in case Ashley was me and had hit her head lethally to the toilet seat, I’d take the blame. But going it through my mind I started to hesitate. Ashley had always blamed me of stuff I hadn’t done. I didn’t exactly have the clean papers in my school. Somehow I always managed to get into trouble. In case our principal found me and Ashley together from the toilets with Ashley bleeding to death, he’d accuse me of attempted murder and send me straight to prison – after all, I was past the juvenile age.
I shuddered. Before I knew, the blue-dressed girl’s eyes had already bored onto mine.
“Greetings, Hilary. My name is Circus.”
My eyebrows furrowed in amusement. Really? Cool name. Ashley wouldn’t say the same. Circus, the Spock-haired girl.
But as I did, Ashley would underestimate her badly.
The next thing I knew the room temperature went abruptly down and something wet landed on my nose.
I focused my gaze and must’ve looked so forsaken nice with my eyes crossed. Was that a snowflake?
I sneezed, and something white flew around me in a puff. Unless we would have been inside a room with definitely tough walls and a roof in the beginning of autumn, I could have believed it to be actually happening.
I sneezed, and something white flew around me in a puff. Unless we would have been inside a room with definitely tough walls and a roof in the beginning of autumn, I could have believed it to be actually happening.
“It’s snowing!”
“Yes, it is,” said Circus. “It is yours. Do what you wish with it.”
“Yes, it is,” said Circus. “It is yours. Do what you wish with it.”
What had sudden indoor snowstorm to do with responsibility?
Somewhere inside my mind my conscience awoke again, almost like Aurora was communicating with me through my mind. That, of course, had to be impossible. Power comes with huge responsibility.
I remembered the awkward feeling of control I had on Aurora’s bluff when I had communicated with the winds for the first time. I wasn’t sure did I believe in what happened, but all spoke in behalf. I could manifest the element wind.
“Use it as you wish.”
I stared into Circus eyes with a lost gaze. I hadn’t really looked at them before, but they looked unnatural, like they didn’t belong. They had darkened. Instead of the teal tint I had hinted in them before, they were almost an inky black. The color intensified, and with a sudden realization I knew she was controlling the snow bluffing around me, whirling even more lively the very second.
I closed my eyes, not really knowing what I was doing, and the most bizarre thing happened. It stopped.
Circus’ eyes were teal again as she blinked in surprise. “Astonishing,” she said, turning towards Nolan. Nolan nodded, smiling, and my courage came back to me.
“You have proven responsible use of power,” he said. The earth guy and Circus murmured in agreement. Next it was Nolan’s turn – he was about to test my benevolence. Great. But how?
“Benevolence can be tested only in practice. Your guardian Aurora has sent you here for she has sensed your draw and believes for you to make a good member for her council. Do we agree?”
Everyone seemed to, and I almost was hopeful for a sec, until Nolan continued.
Everyone seemed to, and I almost was hopeful for a sec, until Nolan continued.
“Does anyone disapprove?”
They all appeared to shake their heads and I was almost about to tread out with a “thank you!” and get the hell out before any trouble, but I was too late. Someone coughed, and my focus turned on a figure I hadn’t paid attention to before. Next to a casually-looking guy in golden robes sat a girl in a black councelor dress. What I first noted in her was she couldn’t have been more beautiful. She was blunt – no fancy jewels or makeup, she hadn’t done her hair – yet she attracted my attention. Her hair was umber and long, eyes dark, bone structure amazing – high cheekbones, forehead, with the addition of full lips. One word, two syllables: SEXY.
They all appeared to shake their heads and I was almost about to tread out with a “thank you!” and get the hell out before any trouble, but I was too late. Someone coughed, and my focus turned on a figure I hadn’t paid attention to before. Next to a casually-looking guy in golden robes sat a girl in a black councelor dress. What I first noted in her was she couldn’t have been more beautiful. She was blunt – no fancy jewels or makeup, she hadn’t done her hair – yet she attracted my attention. Her hair was umber and long, eyes dark, bone structure amazing – high cheekbones, forehead, with the addition of full lips. One word, two syllables: SEXY.
Her lush voice was husky and intense, wrapping me in a passionate sensation. I certainly hoped I wasn’t blushing, because I was having serious trouble staying in my pants. Her next words, however, didn’t match the charm in her voice.
“I do. That is because my guardian Severina also sensed her draw: so strong it made her believe darkness itself had materialized in this realm.”
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti