urakka ei kuitenkaan ole tässä. lukuja on vielä kirjoittamatta se 1-2 kappaletta, saa nähdä miten sitä tekstiä näyttää tulevan. näillä näkymin olen suhteellisen tyytyväinen flawlessiin, vaikka se vaatiikin vielä korjailemista. nanowrimo on kuitenkin auttanut kovasti raakaversion lopullistamisessa ja mielikuvani kokonaisuudesta ovat selkeytyneet. saa vielä nähdä mitä loppu tuo tullessaan...
luvassa erittäin capslock-rikas luku.:--D
Chapter Twenty-eight
“Now, don't tell me my mamma is alive,” I remarked. “That she somehow wouldn't be dead but I could still find her from some other dimension.”
Fera had been reluctant to answer. "It could be possible," he said. "Only it is impossible for someone like you."
Even after he was gone I could hear him as if he had never left. I had stared at the haze half of the night unable to decide whether I wanted to see him ever again. Even when Severina arrived and carried my half-conscious self back to her palace, I kept on dreaming of our conversation. I dreamed of watching myself lay in a coma-like state on a hospital bed on earth, my name attached on an ankle tag as if I was already dead. I dreamed of tubes crossing my gray skin like poisonous veins filled with the water of the fountain of Truth. I dreamed of walking through Aurora’s forests, going back to the very first moments of my second life. This is all happening in my head, isn’t it? I even dreamed of the wind wisps morphing into recognizable figures – Severina emerging ghastly from the woods, repeating words I knew. There are worlds within worlds.
Even after he was gone I could hear him as if he had never left. I had stared at the haze half of the night unable to decide whether I wanted to see him ever again. Even when Severina arrived and carried my half-conscious self back to her palace, I kept on dreaming of our conversation. I dreamed of watching myself lay in a coma-like state on a hospital bed on earth, my name attached on an ankle tag as if I was already dead. I dreamed of tubes crossing my gray skin like poisonous veins filled with the water of the fountain of Truth. I dreamed of walking through Aurora’s forests, going back to the very first moments of my second life. This is all happening in my head, isn’t it? I even dreamed of the wind wisps morphing into recognizable figures – Severina emerging ghastly from the woods, repeating words I knew. There are worlds within worlds.
I dreamed of the same sunset sky like in my first vision - of the earth of Aurora’s woods falling from under my feet, hurling across the sky as a spinning orb, falling free through layers of clouds until I broached a barrier of water. The water around me fragmented, forming into limbs and joints: waves of energy pulsing them outward, constantly pushing them towards the surface, but never breaking it.
I dreamed of diving through the earth to lie together with Fera under the stars, only to find someone was watching us.
I threw myself down from the bed with half-sealed lids. I hate sleeping, was my first thought. Then my memories of the night before reoccurred, and I came to second thoughts. I hate dreaming, I rephrased.
I opened the door and my dream became reality. For the first seconds when Talia saw me she still looked like her old self, scanning at me with curious, childish eyes. “Hilary,” she whispered, throwing her arms around me.
A jolt of surprise went through me, and I answered the hug, but something was missing. Something-
“I’ve missed you so much,” the hug tightened. “Hilary…”
“Can’t – breathe-“
“I’ve missed you so much,” the hug tightened. “Hilary…”
“Can’t – breathe-“
A cold whisper tickled my earlobes. “You better enjoy this.”
Something was pressed against my fingers. Talia drew back, leaving me staring bewilderedly at her gift. It was an earth cake.
My eyebrows furrowed. “Talia, what is this?”
“A surprise,” she grinned.
“A surprise,” she grinned.
A wave of sickness passed over me as I studied the clump of green and gray. Talia smiled encouragingly, and the cake crumbled between my fingers. Soon all what was left were the empty wrappers, a pile of dirt and a sharp, glinting object like the head of an arrow.
“Talia,” I repeated, lifting the object on my eye level. Light shone through it like glass. “What is this?”
“Don’t you recognize it?” Talia asked. “Fera gave it to me in exchange of access to my mind. It’s light glass. ‘It is said to be a window to the soul.’ He lied to me. It’s worthless.”
A quiver in Talia’s voice told me she would break soon. “Talia, I-“
“You may wonder why I accepted such an offer,” Talia laughed. “There is nothing more than I want in this world than to have my memory back. I thought – silly me – I thought that perhaps it would show me myself how I really am. Was. Last night I did some research on it. Everything in the city of Light is made of it. Windows, cutlery, everything. But nothing can return memory.”
A quiver in Talia’s voice told me she would break soon. “Talia, I-“
“You may wonder why I accepted such an offer,” Talia laughed. “There is nothing more than I want in this world than to have my memory back. I thought – silly me – I thought that perhaps it would show me myself how I really am. Was. Last night I did some research on it. Everything in the city of Light is made of it. Windows, cutlery, everything. But nothing can return memory.”
“Talia,” I pleaded. “Listen to me. What he did-“
I broke off. Talia had closed her eyes and raised her head upward like a proud lion, her black hair framing her face like a beautiful mane. When she opened her eyes, they were fully black, incredibly inhumane and full of power. It was one of the most terrifying and stunning sights I had ever seen.
I broke off. Talia had closed her eyes and raised her head upward like a proud lion, her black hair framing her face like a beautiful mane. When she opened her eyes, they were fully black, incredibly inhumane and full of power. It was one of the most terrifying and stunning sights I had ever seen.
“Hilary,” she began, and for a second I feared her voice wouldn’t be hers. “Do not ever, ever defend that creature for me. He doesn’t deserve it.” She paused, her lips trembling as she spoke. “And I hope that when you two will be condemned for treason in front of the council, you will hold that piece of glass between your fingers and remember me.”
My jaw fell open and I stared unbelievingly into her endless eyes, now drained off all the warmth I had once seen in them, like something had been gouged away, leaving her but an empty shell of what she truly was.
“You worked together,” she said with cold eyes. “I know you did. You may not have the scrolls yourself, but you helped him get them. This time, unlike you, I am not wrong.”
I shook the remnants of the earth cake off my fingers. “What are you going to do? Tell Severina?”
“You know I’m not stupid enough to do that.”
I sighed and leaned against a doorframe, almost hoping Severina could reason it all somehow. I am sure it would need only a little apology to get her back.
I shook the remnants of the earth cake off my fingers. “What are you going to do? Tell Severina?”
“You know I’m not stupid enough to do that.”
I sighed and leaned against a doorframe, almost hoping Severina could reason it all somehow. I am sure it would need only a little apology to get her back.
“The truth is…” I began, fiddling with the tiny piece of glass. It reminded me of all the glass vials Fera had pulled out of his pockets, and somehow I couldn’t help smiling with the thought. A hint of laugh crept into my tone. “I don’t want to fight with you. I don’t want to hate you. But it’s starting to become a hell of a job if neither of us listens to another. The bad things I’ve said to you – I’m sorry. There’s much bigger stuff to worry about currently than fighting with you. Tristen’s got the scrolls, remember?”
But Talia had already turned her head away, and I knew I was too late. “You’ve got a few kangaroos in the top paddock, haven’t you? As long as I remember what I’ve seen between you and Fera I can’t trust you, or be your friend, ever. Things like that… they don’t just end.”
My face twisted into a grimace. “You seriously think we’ve got a thing?”
But Talia had already turned her head away, and I knew I was too late. “You’ve got a few kangaroos in the top paddock, haven’t you? As long as I remember what I’ve seen between you and Fera I can’t trust you, or be your friend, ever. Things like that… they don’t just end.”
My face twisted into a grimace. “You seriously think we’ve got a thing?”
Talia smiled gorgeously. “Don’t worry,” she cooed in a soothing voice. “You’re not my type, either.”
She opened a door behind her, disappearing into her old room. I stood there for a second, looking as if I had been shot. When I finally dared to knock and enter the room itself, it had been emptied of all of her possessions from clothes to bedsheets. All that was left was an empty bed skeleton, just like the ones I had seen at my abandoned childhood home.
“Talia left,” I uttered helplessly as I joined Severina in the breakfast table. She sat there with an absent gaze, but she wasn’t clearly dreaming – the gears of her mind were constantly turning. “For good. She’s not coming back.”
Severina’s response was so sudden it startled me out of place. “Do you know what this means?”
Eua appeared of the doorway with a large food tray as I replied. “You’ll need a new council member.”
Severina lowered her gaze. “That was not what I was talking about.”
Severina lowered her gaze. “That was not what I was talking about.”
There was a slip of paper between her hands – Liebe ist wie ein Vogel, and I understood what she was thinking. Her thoughts were on her father. Our father.
Eua had pulled up his tray up to the table. The delicious scent of food hovered into my nostrils, but every time I tried to think of kaiyan cuisine, I only could think of earth cakes. “Breakfast?” he asked, and Severina shook her head, her fingers on her temples. I lend Eua an empathetic look, grabbing something from the tray at random. “It is an apple tart,” Eua explained. “You are not allergic, are you?”
I shook my head. “Danke Gott, nein.” I sank my teeth to the delicious pastry, savoring the taste of kaiyan apples. It tasted heavenly until I remembered with whom I had eaten those the previous time.
I shook my head. “Danke Gott, nein.” I sank my teeth to the delicious pastry, savoring the taste of kaiyan apples. It tasted heavenly until I remembered with whom I had eaten those the previous time.
“What is the decision of the high council?” Eua asked, his hands resting on Severina’s shoulders. There was something comforting in the gesture which made it pleasant to watch. “Will it be like six years ago?”
“Worse,” Severina answered, her nails digging into her forehead. I didn’t quite know what the six years ago break-in had caused, but it had to be something bad. “Further procedures will be chosen off tomorrow.”
As I munched my apple pastry with a lost sense of taste, I acknowledged it was already getting late. “It’s Sunday,” I noted. “Why aren’t we in council?”
“There will be no council today,” Severina’s reply was grave. “And if all turns out as father planned it, there will be no council tomorrow. Or the day after.”
“Worse,” Severina answered, her nails digging into her forehead. I didn’t quite know what the six years ago break-in had caused, but it had to be something bad. “Further procedures will be chosen off tomorrow.”
As I munched my apple pastry with a lost sense of taste, I acknowledged it was already getting late. “It’s Sunday,” I noted. “Why aren’t we in council?”
“There will be no council today,” Severina’s reply was grave. “And if all turns out as father planned it, there will be no council tomorrow. Or the day after.”
Anger built up inside me, and suddenly I felt no longer like eating. “We can’t let things be like this. We could at least hint the council of Tristen. They could inspect his palace. If we go on like this-“
“We cannot,” Severina began, her eyes straight on mine. “We cannot tell. The council is very sensitive when it comes to such serious insults. I would break the most important of council rules.”
“We cannot,” Severina began, her eyes straight on mine. “We cannot tell. The council is very sensitive when it comes to such serious insults. I would break the most important of council rules.”
“In favor of balance, wouldn’t it do more good than cause harm?”
Severina pursed her lips together. “Even if the council would inspect father’s palace, they could not find the scrolls. They are of single use only. After they have been read they will cease to exist.”
I felt like I had swallowed too big of a bite out of my pastry. “That’s forsaken stupid,” I exclaimed. “How come has anyone then ever read the scrolls?”
Severina rubbed her forehead as if it could help her think. “That is the danger in them. No-one has ever read the scrolls before.”
I felt like I had swallowed too big of a bite out of my pastry. “That’s forsaken stupid,” I exclaimed. “How come has anyone then ever read the scrolls?”
Severina rubbed her forehead as if it could help her think. “That is the danger in them. No-one has ever read the scrolls before.”
There was a silent moment until Severina coughed as if she wanted to be excused, rose up and marched out of the room. I stared blankly at Eua, whose hands were frozen in midair as if he hadn’t noticed her mate leaving yet. “Aren’t you going after her?” I asked, but Eua only shook his head. It had to be a bad omen.
A sigh erupted from my throat and I stared at my own reflection from the tray. I looked like Severina, no matter what Tristen said. I looked like her when I was sad.
“Thanks for the pastry,” I said to Eua, until I turned my back on him and followed Severina upstairs.
I found her up on the roof, leaning on a dangerously low railing separating the tower edge from the gray abyss. Down below the waves crashed onto the shore, the waves of an ocean no-one swam in. Stunned by the fact there was no wind up high, I walked up to Severina and glanced over her shoulder.
“Keine Vogel ohne Flügel fliegt,” Severina recited, turning her eyes to me, “Wie Liebe ohne gleichgewicht. Mother wrote this. I have always tried to interpret it, but have never succeeded well.”
“Liebe ist wie ein Vogel,” I began. “Allzu leicht zu einsparren, allzu schwer zu loslassen.”
“Liebe ist wie ein Vogel,” I began. “Allzu leicht zu einsparren, allzu schwer zu loslassen.”
Severina’s eyes narrowed. “What is that?”
“It is the beginning of the poem,” I said. “It’s easier to understand as a whole. With hearing only the second part, I would think it would be… so much more hopeless. ‘No bird flies without wings, how to love without balance.’ It’s like a break-up-letter.”
“It is the beginning of the poem,” I said. “It’s easier to understand as a whole. With hearing only the second part, I would think it would be… so much more hopeless. ‘No bird flies without wings, how to love without balance.’ It’s like a break-up-letter.”
Severina smirked. “The first part? How do you interpret it?”
“Love is a bird,” I translated, staring into the distance, as if trying to decipher flying figures amongst the haze – “It’s a metaphor. Already the following lines describe it. ‘To imprison, too easy, to release, too difficult.’ When I was little, I always thought it was that simple – because loving is hard. But now that I know where mamma’s poems came from… I think she spoke of herself and Tristen. It’s impossible for me to imagine them together, but…”
“Love is a bird,” I translated, staring into the distance, as if trying to decipher flying figures amongst the haze – “It’s a metaphor. Already the following lines describe it. ‘To imprison, too easy, to release, too difficult.’ When I was little, I always thought it was that simple – because loving is hard. But now that I know where mamma’s poems came from… I think she spoke of herself and Tristen. It’s impossible for me to imagine them together, but…”
An idle smile played on Severina’s lips as her fingers stroke the tendril-like letters. “Sometimes I wonder how it all would be if they would meet again.”
My eyes glassed and for a moment I was once again underwater, unable to break the surface of dream.
“When I and Tristen met, he told me of mamma.”
Severina’s eyebrows arched of curiosity.
“That he had been aware that… that mamma is dead. That he felt when she died.”
Severina didn’t seem surprised. “Children of Light are prone to that. Father has always proved his abilities there.”
Severina’s eyebrows arched of curiosity.
“That he had been aware that… that mamma is dead. That he felt when she died.”
Severina didn’t seem surprised. “Children of Light are prone to that. Father has always proved his abilities there.”
“But…” I stuttered, yet somewhat awestruck. I had to lean onto the railing not to fall on my knees. “I think he meant something with his words. That mamma’s death wasn’t that simple.”
Severina hummed in agreement, staring thoughtfully at the poem in silence. “As badly as I know her… I can only say this one thing. She did not kill herself.”
I blinked in awe. “The death investigator found traces of medicaments in her blood,” I assured. “I was told she drugged herself to death. What makes you think she didn’t?”
As Severina spoke, the flash of the vital woman spinning her in circles on my childhood yard colored the world. “More than anything else in the world she wanted to live.”
As Severina spoke, the flash of the vital woman spinning her in circles on my childhood yard colored the world. “More than anything else in the world she wanted to live.”
I was fully lost to my thoughts for a while, staring at the hazy abyss with glassed eyes without actually being aware of all the things going on through my mind, until I turned on my heels and almost poked Severina in the eye.
“Did you just call my name?”
Severina shook her head in puzzlement. Perhaps I was hallucinating: standing on the top of a tower in the middle of emptiness was really giving me a headache. “There it is again,” I said, listening to a tiny buzz in my head. “Someone’s definitely calling my name.”
Severina shook her head in puzzlement. Perhaps I was hallucinating: standing on the top of a tower in the middle of emptiness was really giving me a headache. “There it is again,” I said, listening to a tiny buzz in my head. “Someone’s definitely calling my name.”
Heat gathered between my ears as if someone had poured hot soup down my ears. I winced. “HILARY! Are you deaf? Get the fuck here or I’ll scorch you up. Now.”
I pressed my temples in perplexity, turning to Severina. “Rilla’s got a problem. I have to go.”
Severina said nothing, but she gave me a slightly apologetic look somehow familiar. It was the same way she had looked at me when she first saw me. As I warped myself to the fire city, I couldn’t help counting how many strange looks I had received since my first moment in Kaiya.
Severina said nothing, but she gave me a slightly apologetic look somehow familiar. It was the same way she had looked at me when she first saw me. As I warped myself to the fire city, I couldn’t help counting how many strange looks I had received since my first moment in Kaiya.
On my way to Nolan’s I ran into an unconscious Darren.
He lay limp under the window of the shocked senior couple, his hipster glasses broken and down his nose. He looked like one of the kids bullied by my high school football team. I almost felt like helping him, at least checking out whether he was fatally wounded, but the mere sight of him sent shivers through me. Seeing an unconscious hipster on your friend’s front yard was never a good omen.
There was a sound of shattering glass and something landed on my feet. A coconut.
“THAT IS ENOUGH!” Nolan screamed. “IN THE NAME OF THE ELEMENTALS, LEAVE MY APARTMENT!”
My eyes flew open, and I threw the door aside with two hands. If Nolan sounded like he was banishing ancient spirits, it had to be bad. But it was worse.
The door to his apartment gaped open, and on my way up the doorsteps I almost tripped over to a pool of something. Chaos unraveled inside. A familiar Asian figure whipped his shirt in the air like a lasso until he ran into a showcase cabinet and a Ming vase fell on his head. Alex had thrown Nolan’s tiger pelt over his back like a cape and he wielded a samurai knife with a wild glow in his eyes. The worst sight of all was to see Nolan – Nolan who never could be hurt by anyone – tied to a refrigerator with a familiar glowing string. For a mere second I only stared at the sight, my hands fallen to my sides and my mouth wide open. Then I screamed.
“Hilary,” Alex smiled as he turned around his eyes shining. “You’re just in time for the climax!”
“Alex,” I breathed unbelievingly. “What have you done?”
“We decided to throw a surprise party,” Alex said. “It’s Nolan’s birthday today!”
“A surprise party?” I exclaimed, suddenly aware that everyone was staring at me. “This isn’t a party. This is a siege! Party rule number one: DON’T KILL ANYBODY!”
“No-one’s dead,” Alex answered. “Kyle’s just passed out, that’s all.” He pointed his sword at Nolan. “Now, the climax!” He raised the blade. I threw my hands over my head, but Nolan only looked annoyed. “I announce you… KING!”
“Alex,” I breathed unbelievingly. “What have you done?”
“We decided to throw a surprise party,” Alex said. “It’s Nolan’s birthday today!”
“A surprise party?” I exclaimed, suddenly aware that everyone was staring at me. “This isn’t a party. This is a siege! Party rule number one: DON’T KILL ANYBODY!”
“No-one’s dead,” Alex answered. “Kyle’s just passed out, that’s all.” He pointed his sword at Nolan. “Now, the climax!” He raised the blade. I threw my hands over my head, but Nolan only looked annoyed. “I announce you… KING!”
The strings around Nolan’s limbs snapped, and fifty people out of nowhere ran to hug him. A choir of muddled congratulations filled the room, all the way from “Nolan, you’re the man!” to “Hey dude, I don’t really know your name, but… HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!”
When the room cleared, I pointed out two figures from the very corner of the room. When Rilla met my eyes, she dashed to me with watered eyes, still wearing her nightgown. Shattered sentences scrambled from her mouth and I indentified only single words. Chyse stood still in the corner of the room with an alien glint in his eyes. “Let’s resolve this out. What happened?”
Rilla clutched her fists stubbornly. “Alex… I hate that guy! He… he and his group of friends just came in. Just like that. Then it all went out of control. They started throwing stuff and breaking places. And then Nolan was tied up and there was nothing we could do.”
Rilla clutched her fists stubbornly. “Alex… I hate that guy! He… he and his group of friends just came in. Just like that. Then it all went out of control. They started throwing stuff and breaking places. And then Nolan was tied up and there was nothing we could do.”
“What about the guardians? Couldn’t you call Hestia to help? Or at least the police?”
Rilla looked mad as she spoke. “No. They’re too busy after the scrolls were taken. Somehow I feel like this isn’t the right time to celebrate Nolan’s birthday.”
Rilla looked mad as she spoke. “No. They’re too busy after the scrolls were taken. Somehow I feel like this isn’t the right time to celebrate Nolan’s birthday.”
“Or anything,” I added. “But it is his birthday, after all?”
“Yeah. Well, at least they still have their clothes on. This is nothing like the orgy in New York three years ago.”
I raised my hands up reflexively. Don’t tell, I signaled.
In the kitchen direction I notified Nolan had been freed from his pain. He leaned helplessly on the table, his head in his hands. Time by time some annoying kid came and gave him a thumbs-up, but most of them ignored him. All focus was on Alex, who looked like the statue of Medusa with his droopy dreadlocks and crazy eyes. I still remembered the faint image of the blonde mountain in the council and shivered. Was that what happened to all of the former councelors? They went mad?
I raised my hands up reflexively. Don’t tell, I signaled.
In the kitchen direction I notified Nolan had been freed from his pain. He leaned helplessly on the table, his head in his hands. Time by time some annoying kid came and gave him a thumbs-up, but most of them ignored him. All focus was on Alex, who looked like the statue of Medusa with his droopy dreadlocks and crazy eyes. I still remembered the faint image of the blonde mountain in the council and shivered. Was that what happened to all of the former councelors? They went mad?
“Alex,” I called across the room. He paid no attention. “Alex. Come here.” Yet no attention. “Alexander…” I turned to Rilla, poking her with my elbow. “What’s his last name?” Rilla answered me. “Férrier. ALEXANDER FÉRRIER!”
The boy whirled around as a blur of white gold, running to meet me halfway across the room. He was followed by his usual entourage of Yin, Becca and Christo. On his way he dropped his tiger cape and stuck the samurai sword through like he had been the one to slay the beast. “Yes?”
I sighed to the absurdness of the situation. Just like Fera who had also grown up with my father, he was a bad listener, but they had nothing else in common. While Fera was very remote and introvert, Alex was the opposite. Unlike Fera, he wanted to be noticed.
I sighed to the absurdness of the situation. Just like Fera who had also grown up with my father, he was a bad listener, but they had nothing else in common. While Fera was very remote and introvert, Alex was the opposite. Unlike Fera, he wanted to be noticed.
“Alex…” I began, staring nervously at his restless companions – they all looked like they were high on caffeine. “We really appreciate that you decided to throw Nolan a surprise party. But it’s just not the right time.”
Alex pursed his lips together like he was thinking, but it didn’t last for long. “We have to move on,” he said. “This is different. This is Nolan’s party.”
Becca, a short girl with a dark complexion blinked her charcoal eyes. “Alex is right. It’s not like we’re partying the fall of the council.”
I raised my brows at her words. “Who is your councelor, by the way?”
Alex pursed his lips together like he was thinking, but it didn’t last for long. “We have to move on,” he said. “This is different. This is Nolan’s party.”
Becca, a short girl with a dark complexion blinked her charcoal eyes. “Alex is right. It’s not like we’re partying the fall of the council.”
I raised my brows at her words. “Who is your councelor, by the way?”
She raised a finger as if the thought had just occurred her. “Hestia. Like Nolan’s!”
The Asian guy, Yin, raised his hands to give her a double-high-five. Even Alex was starting to lose his attention. He was staring at his own reflection off a cabinet like it was the first time he ever saw himself. Getting some sense to them was as impossible as it had been trying to convince Tristen to give up his plans. Momentarily I got caught in a memory, not noticing Alex had turned his focus to me.
The Asian guy, Yin, raised his hands to give her a double-high-five. Even Alex was starting to lose his attention. He was staring at his own reflection off a cabinet like it was the first time he ever saw himself. Getting some sense to them was as impossible as it had been trying to convince Tristen to give up his plans. Momentarily I got caught in a memory, not noticing Alex had turned his focus to me.
“You look sad,” he said. “Why don’t you party with us?”
I tried hopelessly to find some sense in his gray-green eyes. “Just like I said, this isn’t a party. As long as you keep throwing coconuts through windows and playing with weapons I’ll stand right here and watch. Do you even understand what parties are about? Maybe you’ve been in too many to forget their true meaning.”
Alex stared at the slaughtered tiger pelt almost empathetically, like he had been there to watch it die.
I tried hopelessly to find some sense in his gray-green eyes. “Just like I said, this isn’t a party. As long as you keep throwing coconuts through windows and playing with weapons I’ll stand right here and watch. Do you even understand what parties are about? Maybe you’ve been in too many to forget their true meaning.”
Alex stared at the slaughtered tiger pelt almost empathetically, like he had been there to watch it die.
“They’re about fun,” I explained. “They’re about having a good time together, enjoying life as we are, not constantly under the influence or in some maniacal frenzy for blood. Do you understand me?”
A glint of understanding flashed in his eyes, but it was as soon replaced with drunken dizziness.
“Whatever,” he said, picking up a spear from the ground and pointing towards the doorway. “COMPANIONS!” He shouted, and half of the room turned their attention towards him. “WE ARE LEAVING!”
A choir of sighs filled the air, but amongst them I could also hear roars of mirth as the fifty-head group of partygoers exit the doors. Before the doors slammed shut behind them, someone whirled around like he had forgotten something. “Whose party is this again?”
“Whatever,” Alex said, raising his spear. From the windows I could see passed-out Darren being dragged with them like he was crowd-surfing in his sleep. “WHATEVER!” The crowd yelled in accord, leaving the apartment as ghastly as a city wiped down by a tornado.
“Whatever,” Alex said, raising his spear. From the windows I could see passed-out Darren being dragged with them like he was crowd-surfing in his sleep. “WHATEVER!” The crowd yelled in accord, leaving the apartment as ghastly as a city wiped down by a tornado.
Rilla leaned against a cabinet behind her. “If I could describe this with a song, it would be called ‘fuck my life.’ Here’s how it goes: ‘fuck you all!’”
My shoulders slumped with exhaustion at I stared at the silent chaos, listening to the hum in my ears. Exchanging a gaze with Nolan who had just raised his head off the table, I bended down to pick up the pieces of a broken Ming vase. “’When it’s all over we still have to clear up.’”

Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti